Brewing a coffee with a 'French Press' or 'Coffee Maker' is probably one of the easiest and most convenient ways to brew your daily cup of coffee at home. The secret to good french press brew is firstly - you probably already have guessed - the grind level and amount of coffee and secondly the contact time between coffee and water in different stages.
Coffee brewed with a french press is rather dense and intense, yet balanced and full bodied and has its very own character.
To get your french press coffee, just follow some simple steps:
1) Bring water to a boil and grind your coffee rather coarse at 70% of the grinder scale - use 1 g of coffee per 15 ml of water.
2) Take out the sieve and fill coffee grounds in the glass jar.
3) Pour some hot water on the grounds and stir once to wet completely; wait 30 seconds for the coffee to bloom.
4) Fill up without stirring; let coffee sit for 90 seconds.
5) Put in the sieve again, push down gently to collect the coffee grounds and serve freshly!